Friday, July 16, 2010

A planning period

I am blogging again from North Carolina! My mother had a second surgery, and I came home for awhile to take care of her. JPK went on his bachelor party right before I went so we haven't seen each other in quite awhile. While I LOVE being home with my parents, I can't to get back to JPK and our puppy and back into my normal quiet life.

Except that one thing will be different! I have started planning our wedding! I started to plan right after we got engaged, but I really wanted time to just enjoy being together and relish in the decision to spend our lives together. Then my brother started traveling and my mother got sick and the last thing on my mind was invitations or color schemes. But now, my brother is on a stable schedule (finally!) and my mother is doing very well, so it's time to have a wedding!!

One of the most helpful resources I have used so far (and remember I am still in the very early planning stages) is Etsy. I know you all know about Etsy and I'm sure you love it as much as I do, but I thought I'd share a few of the fab finds I've made so far. What a wonderful resource for us brides-to-be!

{This would be so nice around the waist of a traditional dress or as a thick headband with a more flowing dress}

{These are so sweet! What a simple, yet beautiful, place card!}

{Our wedding will be more formal than these invitations are, but if we were having a chic garden party, I would absolutely send these out!}
{These are more than perfect for the preppy wedding, or any preppy occasion at all! Cupcakes are one of my favorite things and when they are in pink and green cups? Well, that's just fabulous!}

(all photos: etsy.com)

2 comments:

  1. Those placecards are so cute, and the cupcake tins, but that's always the case!

    ReplyDelete