Friday, December 31, 2010

What 2011 will bring


I haven't posted in over a month. That was on purpose. I'll spare you how busy I've been, how stressed I've been, the holiday craziness, etc.

A brand new year starts TOMORROW! New Year's Eve is the day most people like to celebrate but New Year's Day is my favorite. I love knowing there is a fresh new start for everyone. I can't remember where, but I heard a quote that said, "There are years that ask questions and there are years that answer." 2010 was absolutely a year that asked many questions for me. I'll also spare you a million stories on that, but I know that 2011 will be a year of answers. So, instead of resolutions, I'll share a few things I'm looking forward to this year:

1. JPK and I are getting married a month from tomorrow. Not only is he my best friend, but he's one of those people who lights up a whole room, and oh so funny! I feel very lucky to be having an amazing wedding (and so thankful for my wedding planner who eases much of my stress!), and I cannot wait to share our pictures with you all.

2. I will turn 25 in 2011. I think everyone imagines themselves at 25 and wonders where they'll be, what they'll be doing. In several ways, I will have accomplished my goals and in other ways, I'm far from where I thought.

3. I will start my Junior League Provisional Year in 2011. The Junior League has been a goal of mine for awhile now and I'm excited to get started!

4. JPK and I are going to begin 2011 by getting ready to buy a house. And I promised him that when we get a house, he can finally get that bulldog puppy he's be dying for!

5. I have been working for about 2 weeks at a new job. I worked retail part time through college and transitioned into running my own stores after graduation. I loved working retail, clothing and accessories and shoes were amazing (not to mention the discounts!) but hated the hours. It's hard to imagine myself being a wife with a suburban home and soon children but working weekends and nights and crazy holiday hours. My new job is in a corporate setting and much more suitable for me. I am REALLY enjoying it! Hopefully there are big things to come career wise!!

At the beginning of 2010, I made several resolutions for myself, and I have to say that I can't believe I've stuck to most of them. While 2010 was not a year I'll want to really hold on to, I have so much to look forward to next year!

Happy New Year, friends! I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment