Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Resolutions, of course.

via
Yeah, I know. 
Less cookies, more sit ups, less Little Debbie, more vegetables,
blah blah blah.

Over the years I've probably made thousands of resolutions.
Honestly, I can't remember which I've kept
and which I've completely broken.

So, on the train from France to Italy
(did I mention we went to Europe for the holidays?)
at the tail end of a perfect December, 
I made a list of things I'd like 2013 to hold for me.

Then I threw the list away.

There's so many things I'd like to do.
With today, tomorrow, this month, this year, my life.
It's almost impossible to write them all down.

And truthfully,
this year, all I really want is to be a good person.

I want to love my husband, my family, and my amazing friends.
I want to plan trips, to Rome and Greece.
I want to keep working hard, and playing hard too.
I want to take care of my body, inside and out.
I want to collect things I like, 
instead of things I think other people will like.

I want to fall in love with life
and to have it love me right back.

Isn't that all we can ask for in a year?

Happy 2013, friends!

5 comments:

  1. Great post!!! I forwarded it to my Sista and friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed coming to your blog. This information was nice and useful. http://www.iphone5-contract.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Galaxy Note 3 Android smartphone. Announced 2013, September. Features 3G, 5.7″ Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 13 MP camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth.
    http://www.galaxynote3contracts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the green. I would have liked purple better, but the green is my favorite of them.

    www.iphone5ccontracts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple iPhone most beautiful colours phone. more information on Visit at www.iphone5s-deals.co.uk

    ReplyDelete