Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sorry for the lack of updates girls, I have been SO sick! I am finally feeling better, just in time to properly prepare for the holidays. Feeling so crummy has really put me behind on my giant to do list, so I must get back on track. I am hosting our office holiday party, a birthday party, and an engagement party all in the next 2 1/2 weeks!

Office Holiday Party
Where: Zengo, the best and yummiest restaurant in Denver.
Who: Everyone from the office. It's a small office, so...25 or so of us including significant others.
When: December 12th.
What I have left to do: EVERYTHING. Must get busy.

Birthday Party
Where: The Magnolia Hotel, downtown Denver.
Who: close friends, again 25 or so.
When: December 13th.
What I have left to do: Red velvet cupcakes, and her gift (3 Bella Foster prints that are being framed as we speak.)

Engagement Party
Where: my house!
Who: Haven't gotten all my RSVPs yet! Expecting 15.
When: December 19th.
What I have left to do: not much. Food is being done by a lovely friend who is a phenom in the kitchen. Have ordered their gift from Tiffany (crystal champagne glasses to pair with a 90 point Jean-Louis Brut I've already picked up).

Also, I ordered my first Christmas gift. For RJG, my friend you may remember from this post, a copy of the French language version of The Little Prince (Le Petit Prince). It is one of the best selling books of all time, and one of my personal favorites. In my time studying French, we must have read it 5 or 6 times. Primarily a children's book, many of the quotes really pertain to all of us. "On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." ("It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye." See what I mean?) Please pick up a copy if you have never read it. You can even get the English version if you'd like!

And last, per request from Mother, who occasionally pops over to this blog, my easy-peasy recipe for "Crowd Pleaser Corn Dip":
--16oz sour cream
--3 cups shredded chesse (I use sharp cheddar or nacho blend)
--1 can corn, drained
--2/3 packet spicy taco seasoning (the kind in the paper packet)
MIX all ingredients well, grab the chips, and watch it disappear in front of your eyes!

1 comment: