Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Yummy in my tummy


I got an e-mail from a blog reader who wanted to know what I eat every day. As of today, I have lost 2 more pounds, for a total of 7 pounds in 44 days. JPK and I are going to that wedding (the one I am not so thrilled about) in 6 days and I had a goal weight for myself. I am now 1 pound away from that goal with 6 days left! I think I can do it!

Anyway, on to what I eat. I am definitely not saying this is what everyone should eat to lose weight. It is working for me, so I do it. And I don't work out. I walk my dog short distances a few times a day and then if it is not too hot after the sun goes down, we will walk her around the lake about a mile or so.

For breakfast, I drink a vegan fruit and vegetable smoothie. In the smoothie is apples, banana, kiwi, mango, and pineapple. Also, broccoli, spinach, blue green algae, garlic, barley grass, wheat grass, ginger, and parsley. In the morning, I take bee pollen supplements and biotin for my hair and nails.

Between breakfast and lunch, I have a snack. My snacks are usually one of a few things. A string cheese, a handful of organic "cheddar bunnies" (essentially goldfish, but organic and shaped like bunnies!), a few yogurt covered pretzels, or organic dried mango.

The next time I feel hungry, I make lunch. My lunch every day is the same. I get a big bowl and fill it with organic spinach. I add wasabi peas (not too many, as they contain small amounts of MSG), almonds, broccoli, sprouts, and goat cheese. Sometimes I add grilled chicken or tuna. I make my own dressing with a little olive oil, white vinegar and a touch of soy sauce. Mix it all together, you have a very tasty salad!

In between lunch and dinner, I have another snack. Sometimes it's chips and salsa, sometimes I make guacamole, sometimes I eat a peppermint Luna bar, which is an organic granola type bar but doesn't taste like cardboard.

For dinner, I eat whatever JPK makes, I just make sure he has a large portion and I have a small one. Last night, he made pork tenderloin and parmesan zucchini. If he has to work late or has to stop by one of his accounts after leaving the office, I make myself some "bruschetta" (baked bread with cheese and salsa), another salad, or some chicken and rice.

One of the things that really helps me out is that JPK and I don't have a microwave. This is on purpose. I can't make Lean Cuisines or Hot Pockets. I can't make microwave pizza or heat up queso. Sometimes I miss having a microwave to heat up leftovers or make those bags of steamed vegetables, but the feeling quickly passes.

All it takes to eat healthy is just a little planning. We make a grocery list throughout the week and do our shopping late on Sunday night. It is not very busy late on a Sunday, and we find managers specials on things that didn't sell during the day. I know this is a terribly boring post but I'm happy to share what you all want to know!

(photo: queenofkaos.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment